Fundraising Begins

 

When I first went to YWAM, I didn't consider myself a missionary. I wanted the training and adventure, but in my mind it was those who served overseas and had devoted their whole life to the mission field got the title of missionary. 
Over the last year, God has not only taken me on an amazing adventure that helped me to see what a missionary really is. It's not just a title I get to assume when I'm in a foreign country, it's a lifestyle I get to live all the time.
The truth is we all are called to serve and love those around us and around the world. We are all called to share the gospel. We are all called to live holy lives for Christ. We are all called to be ambassadors for the True King regardless of where we live.
Since this is the life God has called us to live, we all hold the title of missionary. We all have a part to play in fulfilling the great commission. 
So I now gladly wear the title of missionary. Not because I'm in a foreign country, but because I'm always on mission. 
For a while now I've been praying and asking God where He wants me to continue this mission. Almost from the beginning of my DTS, I had a desire to go back to YWAM as a full time missionary. I kept bringing that desire back to Him. I kept asking Him what He wanted for me. The more I asked the more He kept reassuring me that YWAM Tyler was where I was supposed to be. 
At YWAM, I've found a place where I can grow more in the Lord. I found friends who challenge and encourage me to walk more closely with Jesus. I've found a place where I can serve gladly, encourage well, and disciple others. I've found where I'm supposed to be. 
Me helping out in Student Communications one day during my SOE. 

My hope is that by mid August I've raised enough in monthly support to become a missionary with YWAM. 
For the first year I would be living on base and serving in the media department as well as student communications. Both of these areas are close to my heart. Media because of the possibilities of filmmaking and adding to my skills. Student communications because if they hadn't have had people who made phone calls I probably wouldn't have come. But there was one woman that kept playing phone tag with me until we finally got connected. She talked with me and encouraged me so much. I want to do the same for others. 
I'd like to ask you to pray about supporting me monthly or with a one time gift. If you would like to set up automatic giving, you can do so here
They will also send you a tax receipt at the end of the year. 
However God leads, know that I am incredibly grateful for your prayers and how ya'll have supported me this year. It means the world to me. 
In joyful expectancy, Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear