The Adventure Ride

 


This week I feel like I’ve been on an amusement park ride with life going by packed, fun and super-fast.  

On Sunday I got a text from my boss asking me to sub for just one day. I was all too happy to come in and get more kid hugs. While the day was a bit crazy keeping up with kids, restocking cleaners, and trying to get back into work mode for the day, I was also thrilled to see my kids again. It felt great to cuddle little T when he was feeling sad. It was fun to have several of my kids see me and excitedly call out, “Miss Rose!” followed up by a sweet hug. I was a happy tired at the end of the day.

Tuesday through Thursday was the 4th Annual Siblings Retreat. When planning when to do siblings retreat, the vote was unanimous that they didn’t want to do it without me. I have the best siblings. We had so much fun playing games, eating M & M’s, taking a hike complete with dip in the river, talking and laughing together, and watching some fun movies together. It was a great time.

Friday, I spent most of the day working on the quilt. It’s coming along nicely and I hope to have a picture of a beautifully completed quilt to show you. A big shoutout to my mom, dad, and my sister grace for helping me in this project. I also met up with a dear friend and loving supporter. She has been in my life for 6 years and I am thankful for her encouragement and her wisdom. She’s a lovely example of God’s love and grace.

And that brings us to today. You’ll find me busy at home working on the quilt, writing cards, hanging out with family and friends, catching up with friends via text or Marco Polo, and enjoying this amazing adventure ride.

This is defiantly been an amazingly packed week, but God has been so good at every turn. Securely strapped into His love I can enjoy this ride and relish what He is doing. Whether it’s the hug of a two-year-old, the encouragement of a friend, laughter with siblings, sewing, praying, or texts from friends I’ve seen His love in so much this week.

Part of the ride has been this week has been God bringing up some things that I needed to work though and forgive, and some habits that need to change. Pray that I would be obedient to His voice and that I would let go of all sin and weights so that I can run the race well.

As always, I love you and can’t thank you enough for your prayers, encouragement, and support. Currently I'm up to 73% to my fundraising goal! Yahoo! God is so good!

Enjoying the adventure ride, Rose


Comments

  1. Noah has asked a couple times, “Where Rose?” Miss you, and can’t wait to see where your adventure takes you!

    -Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love that little guy and miss ya'll too. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear