Learning To Hear

 

Wow! The Lord is so good. I've been blown away by His love and care for me. 

For starters the 4th of July was great. We swam in the lake, ate hot dogs and burgers with a ton of good sides, had a good time of fellowship, and then went to watch fireworks over a lake. They were beautiful. I was mesmerized. 

This week we have been learning about hearing the voice of God. Our teacher was a man named Josh Langer. Originally from Germany, he was a very engaging speaker. I found myself amazed by how many different ways God communicates with us and how He invites us to partner with Him in the great commission. We looked at things that hinder us from hearing the voice of God and what our heart posture should be in approaching God. It was amazing how he brought truths to light that I knew already, but had become buried. I feel like I've been able to clear dirt away from precious jewels and examine their beauty again. 
One of the things I'm really enjoying about YWAM is that we not only get a lot of classroom time, but we also get a lot of opportunities to practice what we are learning. We have not only learned a lot of head knowledge about hearing God's voice, but we have also spent a lot of time listening to Him. We have practiced tuning our ears to hear Him and receiving what He speaks. It's been so good. 
God continues to grow my friendship with Marisa. She encourages me to follow God wholeheartedly and be filled with Him. She listens, encourages me to sing, laughs with me, lets me cry, helps me process, and seeks ways to build me up. I love her so much.
As a class, I feel like God is starting to bond us more. We've walked through forgiveness together and working are to understand each other. It's been so good to see us come together more as a united whole.
Also my sister Sarah and her fiance came by and I got to show them around and show them off a bit. It's so fun having a trophy of God's amazing plan to show people. 
This week has been lovely for long walks with God, long talks with friends, journaling, resting more in Jesus, and enjoying this adventure.
The answer to last week's question: adjusting to living to people who were raised very differently from me. 
I love you guys and so grateful for you.
Love, Rose

Fun Poll: My teacher this week asked me to spread the word that... 
1. Germany is the best country
2. Schnitzel is not sausage 
3. Germany has the coolest castles

Put your guess in the comments and I'll let you know.

P. S. If you would like to send me a letter or package you can email me and I can send you the address. Lovedbeforetime (at) Gmail.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!