Grateful



This week has been more of a struggle for me. I've been dealing with an infection that caused quite a bit of pain. Despite that, I'm so grateful. 
I praise God for medical professionals that we could consult and get medicine to fight the infection.
The Lord has been so good. As I've come to Him and cried out, He has given me peace. It's been an exercise in trusting God and not in my own resources. While I am still learning, I'm grateful for the opportunity to grow in trusting Him. 
I'm so grateful for the family who took care of me and loved me even when I woke up in pain at 3 AM. They are a great comfort and encouragement to my heart. I'm grateful for the friends who prayed for me fervently and lovingly. 
I'm so grateful for the comforts of home, medicine to treat infections, kind bosses, naps, and really good food. 
I'm grateful for the four days of work I was able to go in this week and for the kid hugs I got. 
I'm grateful for the donations I received this week.
I'm grateful for the friends I've been able to connect with. 
I'm grateful for being a step closer to setting out on the adventure.
Its easy to focus on the negatives and miss the positives. Even this week, when I didn't accomplish a lot, I saw God holding me and caring for me. And ultimately no matter what else happens on this adventure I'm thankful that He is reminding me that He takes care of me. I'm not in charge and that's okay. I don't have to figure everything out and take care of myself. He's already gone before me and prepared a table for me. In this I can rest and continue to walk forward.
Until next time, Rose

Comments

  1. This post speaks to me so much… A very timely message of resting in the Lord. Love you & praying for you friend 💗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear