The Adventure Begins!

 


Today my YWAM adventure begins! After 3 months of preparation I'm starting my adventure with Jesus.
This last week was bittersweet. On Sunday my home church prayed for me and my time at YWAM. I am grateful for the love and support they have poured into me. It made their prayer for me all the sweeter. Then when we got home, we had a sibling birthday bash. Everyone voted they would rather celebrate early than to miss doing it with me. I have the best family. We had lots of presents, two cakes, and a lot of laughter. It was great and a time I will treasure. 
Monday through Thursday I was busy running errands, packing, cleaning up my room, and hugging family. It's been an emotional and exciting time. Saying goodbye is tough, but the excitement of this new adventure carries me forward. 
I spent Friday driving up to Lindale and spending time with my mom. She has been such a great support on this journey. I'm so thankful that we got to have some special time together before I go to YWAM. 
As you read this, I'll be unpacking into my dorm, meeting my classmates, getting settled in, and learning the ropes. I'm so excited!
As I look back on all that God has done to make this adventure possible, I'm amazed at how good He is. He used a feeling of restlessness to have me go in search of a new adventure. He used a lot of people to encourage me to keep looking to Christ for answers. He kept giving me direction and healing my heart after each disappointment. He brought me to a place where I knew that He was better than any adventure. And He opened up the best door for me.
Today is day 1 of my YWAM adventure with Jesus and I couldn't be more excited. 
Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me, supported me, and been excited for me. I'm deeply grateful to all of you for your part in this adventure. 
Excited, Rose

Comments

  1. How awesome!! I'm so excited for you, and I can't wait to hear (er, read) more about this adventure! :)
    I'll be praying for you. <3

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

Learning To Hear