Lessons From Tanzania

 

While I was in Tanzania, God was doing a lot of work in my heart. 
As I have been debriefing, I came up with a lot of sentences to summarize what God did.

God loves me for who I am, not what I do.

I'm valued more than I dared hope or imagine by God and my team.

When a little girl was content to sit by me for over an hour, God whispered to my heart that He wants me to be as content with Him as that little girl is with me.

When we were with the Dhaiso I became friends with a girl named Fazla. Even though we didn't speak the same language, her supporting me on uneven ground and working alongside me spoke more than words.

I went to Tanzania to share God's love with people. Little did I realize they would share God's love and joy with me. 

When I struggled with feeling left out, God used it as an opportunity to have intimacy with me. 

The slower pace helped me learn to be more than do. 

I also fell in love with Tanzania. I pray that one day I will get to return in the Lord's timing. 

It was an amazing adventure and I'm so thankful that God took me on it. 

Where do we go from here? I'll share more about that in my graduation update tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear