Challenge Births Intimacy

 

Today marks the halfway point in lecture phase. I find that hard to believe. It seems like just yesterday that I showed up back here and now we are deep in the middle of classes, growing relationships, and spending time with Jesus.  
This week has been a challenging one for me. In class we were challenged with studying 2 Peter 1:5 - 7. Add to your faith goodness, and to goodness, knowledge; self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, Godliness; and to Godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. Our teacher started with the beginning of this list and worked all the way through to the end. Wow, each one of these qualities was amazing to consider. Our teacher challenged us with questions were deep and probing. I've had a lot of conversations with God this week about where my heart is. Am I really living what I say I believe? Am I trusting Him in every area? I have emerged from this with Him with a deeper relationship and a deeper love for Him. I know don't just know the truth in my head, I know how it applies to my life. He's brought healing to some places in my heart and helped me to know His love to a greater degree.
One of the themes that kept getting repeated this week was that when you know God and know who you are, you'll know what to do. It's as simple as that.
Another theme that has come up is that I cannot give away what I don't have. Before I go share God's love, it must be in me. I have to have a deep friendship with God, so that I can show (more than tell) others about how wonderful He is.  
I'm so grateful for my friends here. As I have cried, been hurting, and not known what to do, they have held me, cared for me, prayed for me, and encouraged me. I couldn't imagine life without them. 
I have my packing list for Tanzania! The trip is getting closer and I'm excited to see what God will do. It still blows my mind that we are going there to work with an unreached people group. Wow.
To that end, can you join me in prayer for the following?
1. God's heart for the people we are going to.
2. Financial provision for our whole team.
3. Unity, grace, and good health for the team.
4. Our hearts would be soft to God's touch.
5. Wisdom for our leaders. 
Thank you.
It's a busy full season that is going by fast, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. 
Challenged, Rose

P. S. Fun note I tried and Italian Soda for the first time. It was so good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear