The Reason I'm Here

 


This week God reminded me of the reason that I am here. On Sunday I listened through a sermon series from my church back home. They were preaching on Revelation 20 and the final judgement. I was struck by the fact that one day the option for eternal comfort will be gone. One day we will either live eternally with Christ or be sent the the sent to the place of eternal torment. In both cases they are options that we chose. God doesn't force either option on us, each of us choses to reject or receive Christ. There is no middle ground. 
This is the reason I am in the school of evangelism. I want to share the hope of Christ with as many as I can. I want to bring as many people with me into Gods presence as possible. We live in a dying and hurting world. We must share His love and grace before it's too late.
How do I plan to do that? Continue being the light wherever I go. As often as I have opportunity, share the hope that I have. And do things like go to Tanzania and share the good news with those who haven't heard it before.
I pray that God will help me to keep this in mind. I want to keep loving others and share the good news with those who need to hear it. Let me always be moving forward towards people in need. 
This week's topic was reading the Bible deeply. Our teacher taught us some good Bible study tools as well as reminding us of the Bibles authority. I was amazed once again at how masterful God is in how He wrote and preserved the Bible. He worked with the humans He created to write the Bible and then preserved it even through seemingly impossible odds. He is amazing!
I was also challenged this week to take the Bible at face value. I realized how much of my own predecided thoughts clouded my reading of the Bible. I would read, but with the filter of my own ideas instead of what God was saying. Ouch! I was convicted that I need to read the Bible and let God determine the interpretation, not bring in my own preconceived notions. 


Today I go to help out with a homeless ministry in Tyler with some of my classmates. It was so cold, but I'm so thankful that I got the opportunity to hand out winter clothing and pray for the people that came. 
Afterwards we all went out to breakfast and then spent a few hours doing homework assignments. It was a great way to get a lot of work done and just hang out. I really enjoyed it. 
It's been a full and good week and I'm so thankful for that I get to be here. I love how God keeps convicting me, stretching me, and growing me. It's a great journey and I'm so thankful to be on it. 
Happily Moving Forward, Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear