We Are In Panama!

 

Sundays lesson went so well. I'm thankful that God led me to give a very simple message to the middle schoolers. After reading about the temptation of Jesus, I talked about how because Jesus knew who He was He knew what to do. I pray that God takes the seeds planted and uses them in these kids lives. I'm thankful I got the opportunity to teach and just hang out with them. 
That night we had a time of worship/prayer on the beach. You couldn't have asked for a better night. It wasn't too cool and the setting sun and clouds did a color dance that was beautiful to behold. God is so good. It was good to praise the Lord and pray for each other. 
Early Monday morning the Panama team woke up to get on the road to the Philadelphia Airport. It touched me that so many of my classmates woke up at 5:45 AM to hug us goodbye. 
Saying goodbye was hard. We have become so close over the past few months. They have walked this journey with me and encouraged me when I needed it the most. They have been the best. I thank God that gave me these friends and that we got to live this adventure together. 
Soon it was time to say a final prayer together and load up. 
The travel day was long. It was full of fun, learning curves, and lots of hurry up and wait. 
Doing a Study on John 8 at 37,000 feet! 
After a long day of travel we made it to Panama City at 10:30 PM. I was so excited! I'm in another country and got a stamp in my passport! By time we got through costoms and to our hotel to quarantine it was 1:30 AM. I don't think I've slept so hard in a long time or been quite so thankful for a comfy bed. 
Even though quarantining in a hotel room wasn't our plan, I'm grateful for this time. Here's my top 10 reasons why. 
1. Time to pray for the people we will meet here in Panama and getting God's heart for them. 
2. Time to rest. I've taken a lot of naps. :) 
3. Getting to know my roommates better. We all got time to share the story of how we came to YWAM and some about our lives. 
4. Got caught up on season 2 of the Chosen. 
5. The amazing view. 
6. A nice hotel room to quarantine in. 
7. Good food. 
8. Wifi to keep in touch with family and friends. 
9. Music. 
10. Time with Jesus. 
On Thursday we were able to get our covid tests done and leave the hotel room. It felt good to get out and see my teammates again. God is good. 
On Friday we got a tour of the Panama Canal! I was so excited! Having learned about Panama and the Canel in school, it was a dream come true to see it for myself. 
Today we fly out to David and from there we will be picked up by the YWAM Boquete team and be driven to the YWAM Boquete base. Below is a satellite photo. 
I'm thankful that God gave us this time of rest and preparation. Now I'm excited to see what He does as we get into ministry. 
I don't know if I'll have reliable internet in Boquete, but if I do I'll let you know what God has been up to. 
Rested and Ready, Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear