A Week In Lancaster

 

I was so excited when we started out from Tyler. Even at 2 AM, I was so excited to begin the outreach adventure!
It was so fun sitting with Marisa on the bus being excited for the new sights. It was Marisa's first time to Dallas. While I've been there many times it was fun seeing the city through her eyes. Full of wonder and fun.
We arrived early and made our way through security. It was then that I started to feel bad. I didn't drink enough water the day before and it made me sick. I'm so thankful for the team I was with. Even though I felt awful, they took such good care of me. Marisa was my seat buddy and helped me navigate through the day. The guys on my team carried my bags. Joy (a classmate) prayed for me. Emily (my school leader) gave me a hug and helped me to calm down. And so many asked me how I was doing and just loved me even when I was feeling tired. Thankfully that afternoon when I arrived at our host home I was able to get some rest, water, and food. The combination made me feel much better. I'm so thankful for these couples were so kind to let us stay and the homes were so warm and inviting. It has made a great place of rest during this fast paced week. 
As I look back it has been a full week. We've done everything from playing with kids at a end of summer fest, to praying with people we met on the street, to helping set a stage for a church event, to helping clean up the YWAM Lancaster base, to playing games with teenagers, to encouraging each other, to just enjoying some down time together.
My top 10 highlights? 
1. Praying for a woman that we met during evangelism and encouraging her. 
2. Marisa encouraging me. 
3. Getting to hear the testimonies on the leaders who serve at the Living Room. (a young adults ministry)
4. Seeing Marisa tell Bible stories and enagage the kids so well. (way to go friend!) 
5. Organizing a warehouse that takes in donations for refugees. 
6. Working as a team.
7. Playing with kids and getting to tell them about Jesus. 
8. Being a part of Oh, Taste And See (an event by The Living Room)
9. Listening to people's stories and hearing their heart for Lancaster. 
10. Being encouraged that God has strategically placed me here and that I'm needed.
Today we are heading to Ocean City, New Jersey. We are going to be doing work with the Salvation Army.
It is so neat see how God is using the lessons I've learned from the last 3 months and what He's been doing in my heart. He's loving me and reminding me that He has prepared the path for me to walk in. Along the way there are people to reach with hope, good works to walk in, and life to live with Jesus. And I'm loving it. 
In the middle of the adventure, Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear