Paracords & Great Moments

 

God is so good.
On Sunday I went to church at Christian Community Fellowship. Every Sunday they send a van to pick up YWAMers who don't have cars. It's very kind and I have really enjoyed going to this church. 
Then in the afternoon, Marisa and I went to Tyler State Park. It was magical walking through the woods with this dear friend. She gets me on a deep level and keeps pointing me to Jesus. Love you so much, Marisa. 

This week's topic has been Biblical Worldview. One of the things I really appreciated about this week was that our speaker Nathan was so clear and calm. He took these big ideas like Biblical Worldview and gave us simple definitions to go on.
Example: Worldview - the mental maps by which we navigate life or the lenses by which we view all of life. Biblical Worldview - a worldview that is grounded in the Bible.
This week has been so good for helping me to identify some weak spots in my mental maps. Praying and processing. The Lord is getting at some deep places in my heart. It's hard when He starts heart surgery and sometimes it's not a fun process. But even in the scary and the things I don't understand, I trust Him. He's got this! 
On Friday Nathan was teaching us about how Paul describes himself as a bondslave of Christ. In Bible times to be a bondslave meant that you loved your master so much that you would rather be his slave than free anywhere else. The parallel to this and our walk with Christ is so beautifully sobering. We as a class committed or recommited to following Jesus for the rest of our lives. To remind us of this commitment we soldered paracords to our ankles or wrists. 
 I like it. It's a constant reminder that I'm committed to following one Master. I'd rather be His slave than free anywhere else. 
Today has been a great day. I got to go see my grandparents. They are so precious and I love them. 
I also got to celebrate Marisa getting baptized! You go girl! 
This week has been full of great moments. I'm so thankful for all that God is doing. 
Following Jesus, Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear