The Mission Begins

 

Sometimes God surprises you with the way He answers a prayer that you have been praying for years. 

The last few years I've been dealing with a restlessness I couldn't shake. It didn't make a lot of sense to me. I live with a great family, a good job, and great friends. Yet there was part of me that wanted a great adventure in the great wide... somewhere. There was the rub. I was restless for a new adventure and wasn't sure where I was supposed to go. I looked into a lot of different things only to have the doors close. I had stopped trying and had become so weary. 

It was then that my mom encouraged me to look into doing something over the summer. I was nervous about knocking on any doors, but felt like I should. Through a series of God orchestrated events I looked into Youth With A Mission in Tyler, TX. I barely knocked on the door and God threw it wide open for me. I'll explain more in the days to come, but for now here's the main details.

  • I've been accepted to the summer Discipleship Training School!
  • The first 3 months are training in Tyler. Learning who God is and listening to His voice.
  • The next two months are a foreign missions trip. 
  • I leave on the 26th of June.
  • I'm super excited about this!
  • I will (hopefully) be posting a short update every Saturday to let you know how things are going and what God has been up to.  
Adventure Awaits! Let's go!

Comments

  1. This is so exciting! Thank you for sharing your passion for God and His love--it is a good example to me. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear