Tanzania Recap #1

 

I'm back and so excited to share my Tanzania adventures with you.

Thank he first place we went was a town called Boyamoyo. Pastor Alfred (our main contact for this trip) and his wife Anna made us feel so welcome to the Amazing Grace Church and preschool. A few years ago he had a vision to build a church and preschool. With prayer, vision, and help from some American donors the church and preschool are thriving.

The first day we were there, I got to experience my first African church service. I didn't understand what was being said most of the time, but I loved the worship music and dances. I enjoyed joining in and dancing to Jesus.

The next day we jumped right into ministry. Half the team was working on helping Pastor Alfred clear land and put up a fence around the church and preschool.

The other half of the team (myself included) spent Monday through Friday in the mornings teaching at the preschool. Whether we were playing games with the kids, learning their names, telling a story, singing, dancing, or teaching them English I loved our time with them. Just playing with them made my heart so happy. 

When I got to Africa I wanted to braid my hair in little braids. Anna (the Pastors wife) took on the challenge and spent over an hour braiding my long hair. It opened the door for friendship. Her tender heart for children and for the Lord are so beautiful. I enjoyed getting to know her.
Pictured: Tiffany, Anna, me, and Anna's Co teacher Vielot. 
While it was very hot in Boyamoyo it was also so beautiful. I loved having quiet times in the morning on the steps of the church and soaking in the beauty around me. 

Besides that I fell in love with Tanzania. The people, the culture, and the kids captured my heart in a way that few things have. I loved it.

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear