In Expectancy

 

Hey friends, it has been quite the week for me. Yesterday was the three week mark until I leave for Tanzania and the one week mark that all of our funding is due. Where I am I at? I still need $1,628 to be able to go. 
God is really growing my faith with this one. I'm having to pray and trust Him as never before. I don't know how that last part will come in, but I am looking to the One who owns it all and has promised me that I'm going to Africa. 
Please pray about partnering with me in prayer and with finances. 
Below is a video I created yesterday explaining the heart behind why we are going to Tanzania.


This weeks topic in class has been Apologetic Worldview. Our teacher was one that we had had in DTS and so I was so excited to have him be teaching in my SOE. His teaching style is very interactive and he asks a lot of questions. I loved how he framed apologetics so differently from the way I've been used to thinking about it before. Apologetics is all about giving a gentle loving answer to the person who asks us for the reason for our hope. And typically this answer is given in the middle of really hard circumstances. When the hard things slam into our lives and we react with hope and joy, it makes people wonder and they start asking questions. In these times we need to be ready with the reasons why we are reacting the way we are. 
This is so different from what I thought apologetics was. Instead of being ready for a shootout with an atheist, I can be prepared to share what God has done in me as the opportunity arises. Naturally, lovingly, and gently. Yay!
My foot is healing, and the infection is gone! Praise God! It is still in the process of healing. Please pray that it continues to heal well. 
God is so good. I'm continuing to see God work in many ways. Whether it's through a friend who helps you put a video together (Thank you Tiffany!), or through encouraging messages, or through a teaching willing to take extra time to talk, or God's gentle presence leading me.
I'm excited to see what this week holds. To see how God provides. 
In Expectancy, Rose 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear