Get Set

 

It's hard and amazing to believe that I leave for Tanzania in 6 days! The closer we get to leaving though the more excited I get. God has been doing so much work in my heart to prepare me for going and living out His love to those we meet. We have audio Bibles and crafts and messages prepared, but the most important thing that God has been reminding me to take is a willingness to do whatever He says. Whatever that looks like, wherever we go, whatever we end up doing, I want to be open to what Holy Spirit is asking and follow His voice. Let the adventure continue!
This week our leaders decided to have us spend the first three days remembering back over the last 10 weeks. What lessons did God teach us? What has been hard? What has been really good? What are you grateful for? I was so good to think about these questions and hear from classmates about what God has been doing in them. So many of our struggles were the same. So many of us were able to share what God is working on in our hearts. 
This is our white board filled with things we are grateful for or insights God gave us. It was really good. 
My favorite exercise that we did was called crossing the line. We were asked to come up with 3 things that we believe God is asking us to leave behind. Bad mentalities, bad habits, or lies. Once we've identified that, we are free to step across the line into a new season. We then ask God what three things He wants us to take into the next season. Truths, words, good habits, good mentalities, and the like. Here was my list.
Things I'm leaving behind
1. I'm not worthy of the love of God or others. 
2. I'm not enough for other people.
3. My brokenness is a bad thing. 
I stepped over the line to the cheers of classmates and school leaders. 
Things I'm taking with me. 
1. Step into the battle with bold confidence.
2. God and so many call me worthy.
3. Embrace my brokenness. 
This exercise liberated something deep inside me. A few more of my chains broke off. I'm walking in more freedom. Below is a picture of the necklace that is going to help me remember these things. 
This week has also found us busy preparing for children's ministry, skits, and songs to share while we are in Africa. I'm so excited to share these songs, play games with the kids, share stories, and dance. It's going to be fun.
As we have been getting closer to leaving, the more prayer we are doing and asking for. We are examining our hearts a lot more. As a team we want our hearts to be right before God so that we can love and serve Him well. While this is challenging, it's also very freeing. The more that I confess and repent before God and others, the freer and better I feel. 
In short, God is amazingly good, life keeps getting better, and I'm so excited for where I am and where I'm heading. 
Excited, Rose 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear