Happily Running

 

From crying in the classroom, to hearing stories over lunch, to encountering spiritual warfare, to deep conversations with friends, to a visit from my family this pasty week has been packed. 
It was so fun to have my family come visit. It felt so good to share meals with fun conversations, play spoons and keep track of points with Hersey kisses, stay up late talking about friendships, share chocolate covered strawberries, get a ton of hugs, and laugh at inside jokes. It was the best. 
As they rolled out of the parking lot, I cried. I won't see most of them until graduation and I was already missing them. Even though I know this is exactly where I'm supposed to be, there are moments that I have to pay the cost of the path God has called me on. And still God calls me on. They joy in Him is worth anything I have to give up. 
Class this week was focused on fulfilling the great commission, practical steps for being a good missionary, and the history of missions. Our speakers had such a passion for God and His heart for the nations. I came away encouraged to do whatever He is asking me to. Even if that means plodding along for years without any fruit. If I am obeying Him, I am right where I need to be. 
I have more details about the our time in Tanzania! We are going to spreading the first few weeks of our time there helping a village build a greenhouse and water collection system. Next we plan to spend a week with the Dhasio people (the unreached people group). Then we are taking a trip to the Arusa YWAM base for a few days. After that we are going to another village to build them a church building. Please pray that as we go to these four locations that we would love people well and follow God wholeheartedly. 
In some ways I feel like I've been running a lot and not getting a lot done. But then I look back on this week and I see the time I decided to dance with Jesus instead of doing something "more productive." I see the times of listening as friends have poured out their hearts. I see God working. And when I think about these things, it makes the pile of things I haven't done seem less urgent. God will help me accomplish what I'm supposed to. 
Today I'm helping out at a conference in Dallas with a lot of my classmates. I'm praying that this is a good time of team building. 
Purposefully Running, Rose
P. S. If you feel led and would like to give to my Tanzania trip, you can go to the donate page for links to do that. I still need to raise about $2,000

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear