Filmmaking!

 



Week 1 of the filmmaking course is complete! Wow! I had no idea at the beginning of the week what God had in store for me. 
First off I had a great trip to the airport with my mom. I have the best family. They love and care for me when I'm at home and see me off with smiles to the airport. 

My flight was smooth and I got a window seat! 
When I arrived in Charlotte, I met up with my hosts and we began to make our way towards the JAARS center. They have been delightful. Retired missionaries from Cameroon with a lot of God stories to share, this couple has made me feel so at home. I'm thankful that I got to meet them. 
Filmmaking class has been going amazing, I've been learning so much from this course about how to make a good film and how to tell a good story. I'm so thankful for people who will teach me the technical aspects of filmmaking. It's also been fun to collaborate with others to make a short film. We've been able to go through the process of filming and learn together. It's been awesome.



This week, I was reminded of why I like filmmaking so much. Yes, it's a long and tedious process to make something of quality. Yes, sometimes you don't always have all the bells and whistles you want. Yes, it's riddled with problems that you are working to solve. Yes, sometimes you wish you had more money to make the film with. But despite that, I enjoy the process of taking a story and putting it on a screen. I enjoy the process of working with others on a common project. I enjoy making an idea come alive. There's something that's so satisfying when you finish a project and get to share it with the world. There's something so amazing about being about to live out one a passion that God gave you that makes you come alive. It's energized me and makes me excited to see how God is going to use this skill for His kingdom. 
And a I want to give a special word of thanks to everyone who contributed to making this adventure possible. Because of your generosity, I get to be here and learn filmmaking. Because of your prayers, God is drawing me closer to Him while I peruse my passion for filmmaking. I cannot thank you enough for believing in me and what God is doing through me.  
It was also fun to have lunch on Wednesday with these lovely long time missionary friends. Tom and Sharon Jacob have been serving with Wycliffe Bible Translators for years and their example of service to Christ has been an inspiration to me. 
Today I got to go to the Billy Graham Library. It was an amazing experience. To see the impact of a man simply preaching the message of the cross wherever God called him to. Christ was clearly put on display. You couldn't separate God and His message from Billy Grahams life. May the same be said of my life. 


God also used my time there to confirm and clarify my calling to go back to YWAM. I want to be able to serve with them full time and in whatever capacity is needed. It's a time of waiting and trusting that whenever God wants me to go back for the School of Evangelism, He will provide the finances. 
It's been a great week and I'm looking forward to seeing what God does in this next week.
Busy Filmmaking, Rose

Any guesses on the best part of my week so far?

1. Getting to act in a film
2. Time to rest
3. The Billy Graham library
4. Filmmaking class







Comments

  1. Ooh...I'm guessing #3, the Billy Graham library? It's been so fun following your journey so far--learning some of your lessons second-hand! I'm glad you've decided to carry on blogging. Can't wait to see where the Lord leads you next!

    Esther
    (One of Sarah's online friends--although I remember reading an article written by you on MOHL years ago. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! You got it right. Although filmmaking comes in a close second.
      Thank you for your encouraging words. They mean a lot to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear