Perspective Shift

 

Last Saturday and Sunday God gave me so much perspective for what we have been doing here. 
I confided to a staff member for YWAM Boquete that I felt like I hadn't really seen anything spectacular since being here. We had mainly done work projects and hung out with kids. Nothing huge or amazing as far as I could tell. "You don't know how much what you are doing helps." She told me. "Everything here is hard work. There's a lot of manual labor goes into everything. When you come in and clean, weed, or move rocks, it frees up a staff member to do ministry. Your team has been faithful to do the little things well. You don't know how much that means to us."
It changed my perspective on the work we were doing. 
Then on Sunday one of the girls who had been coming to the base to practice English came up to me at church. She gave me a barrette and thanked me for all of my help. I didn't feel like I had done that much, but the gesture was like God tapping me on the shoulder and reminding me, "you're doing more than you think."
Monday and Tuesday we did some work projects, helped with English class, and soaked in the last of ministry. It was so much fun dance with the kids. 
Wednesday was a busy day of team time, covid tests, and packing. It was hard to say goodbye to my friends at the base. God sent me several people to encourage me and I got to hear their stories. He confirmed things He had been telling me over the last month.
It was hard to say goodbye. 
Thursday was a 19 hour travel day. I'm so thankful for a prayer send off and hugs in Panama, good flights with my best friend as my seat mate (#Marisaisawesome), movies on the flight, a smooth trip through costoms, that I wasn't sick the whole day, In-N-Out Burger at 11:30 PM, coming back to base, and the feeling of coming back home.
Yesterday I slept and just rested. Even though I was tempted to hit the ground running, I felt the need to have a day of complete rest.
The lake is still as beautiful as ever.
Today I've been trying to meet new people, clean my room, and start getting back in touch with friends. My mom and Grace came up and brought me cold weather clothes and other stuff. It was good to get hugs from them and catch up with them a little.
God has been so good to me. I'm tired, but so thankful to be here and for all He did while we were in Panama. 
Debrief this week. Graduation in one week. Wow! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear