He's Got This

 

This week has been so good. 
On Monday we had a day of rest. Our team leader encouraged us to take time to realign our hearts with God for the last part of outreach.
Over the weekend I felt like I had a whole laundry list of things that were weighing on my mind. I was trying to bring them to God, but it seemed like I couldn't hardly figure out one problem before another would come in. I decided to go and ask God what to do. As I walked into a secluded spot with my list of problems, I heard His voice. "When did you start thinking that you had to be the one to find answers for all of these things?" It was a gentle reminder that all I had to do was come to Him. It has always been His job to figure out the answer and show me what to do. As I have let this truth penetrate my thinking, I've felt so much better. The confusion has cleared and I'm able to focus on the here and now. He will show me what to do, all I have to do is come to Him. 
This week we helped out with English class, (we did a lot of dancing and encouraging little kids with their worksheets) got to hand out food in David, clear land for an orphanage, celebrate with the 6 performing arts DTS at their graduation last night, and welcome a team from Costa Rica to the base.
For me there were two big highlights. One was getting to give away the letter. This was one I had written two weeks before, but hadn't found the right person to give it to. When we were out distributing food on Wednesday I saw the woman that I had sensed God wanted me to give the letter to. As I handed it over to her I knew God was pleased. It made me so happy. 
The other major highlight was time with Marisa. We've had some really good conversations and I'm so grateful to have her as a friend.
It's really hit me hard this week that I only have 2 more weeks left in DTS. Thursday we fly back to the states, then we have a time of debrief, and then we graduate! It's hard to think of this time being done. I've grown and learned so much and I love the friends I've made. Even though it's hard to think of leaving them, I'm so thankful to God for all the lessons I've learned in this season that I get to take into the next season. 
If you could remember me and my team in your prayers as we travel back to America and as we debrief next week.
Coming into the home stretch, Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear