Skits and Breaking Fear

 

This week has been so full and so good.
For starters Sarah's shower went so well. She is a gorgeous bride to be and I had a blast being the MC for the shower and seeing friends I hadn't seen in a long time. Then Sarah took me to their apartment and showed me around. It is so cozy and so much Sarah. I'm so happy to see them so in love. 
To top off the day I had dinner with the family and got to share some of what God has been doing in me since I got here. Such a fun day. 
I decided to drive back to YWAM that night. The drive back did give me lots of time to sing and process with Jesus. I did get very tired towards the end of the journey. I pulled in to the base at 12:05 AM and got a hug from Marisa before ii went to bed. Adventures never end.
Although I was tired, I went to church and was so glad to spend time with my friends and get a hug from Hannah. Sometimes you don't even realize how much you need one until someone reaches out and gives you one. 
Monday I was taking one of my long processing walks with Jesus when I ran into a man who works on the base farm. I had had a few conversations with him before and always came away encouraged in the Lord. We had a great conversation about God grafting us to Himself, leaning on Him first and foremost, and walking forward in Him. I was so encouraged. "You know when I first met you," He said towards the end of our conversation. "You were timid and reserved. But now is see so much more of the joy of the Lord in you." That touched me deeply and I praised God for how He is growing me.
That evening we learned some skits that we are going to use on our missions trip. It was so much fun to act again. Even if it's just a little skit I enjoy play acting and am excited that we get to use it on our missions trip. 
The next few days were filled with class and the normal activities. We were learning about the Holy Spirit this week. The teaching renewed my desire to yield to the Holy Spirits control.
Then Wednesday night I found out that someone I had been in close contact with came down with covid. Sad to say, I didn't handle it well. I let fears run wild of me not being able to go to Sarah's wedding. I tried to pray and get peace, but I was a mess. The only reason I was able to sleep is because I simply placed myself before the Lord. I wasn't looking for anything I simply placed myself in His hands. 
Waking up the next morning I let the fear in even stronger. The fear of missing out on the wedding and the fear I may have exposed a lot of people crippled me. God was there lovingly reaching out. He was trying to speak, but I could hardly hear Him over the screams of fear. I came into the classroom, but was sitting apart afraid to get close to others. I cried. That is when God sent one of my leaders to speak truth. "Rose, this fear is not from God. Stop crying. God doesn't call His soldiers to fear. He calls them to stand firm. What is He calling you to do? Yield to Him. Let Him lead you." It jolted me in the best way possible. I was able to start hearing His voice again and know what I needed to do. After confessing to God the sin of fear, I went and confessed it to a group. One of the leaders told me they would pray for me and told me that had struggled for many years with fear. They reminded me of the verse the Lord has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind. This encouraged me.
That morning was set aside for worship and letting the Spirit move. I placed myself in His hands and said He could have His way. 
The leader who I had confessed to came and prayed a powerful prayer that I would be delivered from fear. I almost audibly heard the chain of fear snap off of me. It was incredible. 
After that I praised and worshipped God. The Holy Spirit infused me with strength. You have been bowed down for so long. I want you to stand tall. He is so good. 
Yesterday we had a great time of evangelism in downtown Tyler. We broke up into teams and set off in different directions. We asked God to us who He wanted to start conversations with and followed His lead. My favorite part of the day was I felt like God prompted me to go into a Christian Women's Job Corps and ask if anyone needed prayer. They were delighted to have me and let me pray with the students. Through their director Donna, I got to hear more about their program to train women and empower them to reenter the workplace. I loved hearing Donna's heart to share Christ's heart with these women. I came away blessed. 
That afternoon we practiced our skits and Spanish songs for the missions trip. It's coming up so fast and I'm excited. I can't wait to see what God does.
This weekend I'm hoping to take extra time to prepare for our missions trip. I'm hoping to do things like practicing sharing my testimony, start packing, pray, practice Spanish songs, and clean my room.
When you think of me please pray for my protection from covid and that I would trust in God. Sarah's wedding is a week from tomorrow and I want to be there for her. And prayers that I prepare well for missions would also be appreciated. 
Living a Full Life, Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear