Dream Again

 

On Saturday after I updated you guys on my week I had coffee with one of the staff here. It was an amazing time. She asked me what my long term goals were. I said that I'd like to come back for SOE and join staff. She encouraged me in this, but also wanted to know what else I was passionate about, what I wanted to do beyond just being on staff. I realized that for the past few years I haven't been dreaming much with Jesus. He gave me talents in filmmaking and ASL but I haven't been using them for a while. Fear, business, and insecurity all played a role in this, but I was sensing an invitation. In the course of our conversation I sensed God inviting me to dream again. To dream about how He could use my passions to expand His kingdom. 
It's made me want to brush up on my filmmaking/ASL skills and pray. I want to catch God's vision for what He wants to do in and through me. 
As part of that there's a Filmmaking intensive that will be happening after I get back from DTS. It is hosted by SIL a branch of Wycliffe Bible translators. Their goal is to use film as a means to reach people with the gospel. I'd like to go to this two week long intensive. I'd like to brush up on my filmmaking skills and get connected with some people who have a passion for using film to share the gospel. 
But I can't do this alone. I need your help. Although they are working to provide accommodations while I'm there, I still need money for a plane ticket and food. I've seen God provide. I know He can. Can you join me in prayer that He will do it again? If you feel led to give click here
Back to this week's recap. 
Whew this week's teaching has been a dozy. It's all about the kingdom of God. What it is, how we share it, and God's heart behind it. I love Jesus so much more for wanting to be in relationship with me and then giving me the opportunity to share that with others. Wow! 
But this kingdom doesn't get shared if I don't take God centered risks. It's easy to take well calculated risks that you know the outcome. It's a lot harder to take crazy, out-of-my-control, God centered risks. But I want more of my life to be marked by His love than my comfort. 
By the time you are reading this, I'll be at home with my family eagerly preparing for Sarah's wedding tomorrow. I'm so excited to see her get married and to celebrate what God has done in bringing these two together. God is good and life keeps getting better in Him. 
With only a week until I leave for outreach, I want to thank all of you again for your prayers and support. God has done amazing things in the last 11 weeks. I'm so excited to see what God does as we take His love to the East Coast and to Panama. My prayer is that I can be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and follow His lead. I can only imagine the adventures that await.
Dreaming again, Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear