Identity Matters

 

This last week was one of the best weeks of my life. I made some of the biggest strides in walking in freedom in Christ ever. We were talking about identity. Whew a weighty topic and such an important one. 
While telling stories of his own identity struggles Troy Sherman shared Biblical truth about God, our identity, life, and everything inbetween. I laughed so hard and learned so much.
I learned that being different from those around me isn't bad. My story still has power. My testimony of walking with the Lord is valuable because it's what we have walked together. He wants to pursue a deeper relationship with me. Also I was able to identify lies that I'd believed about me and my identity. It freed me to process it with God and those around me. I'm more comfortable in my own skin and with my story. It's been so good.
Technology free week was good. I did miss my audio Bible, my music and being connected with friends and family, but I did enjoy the extra time talking to Jesus. It gave me time to let truths sink deep without getting distracted by my phone. And I owe a huge thank you to my mom for teaching me how to constructively used my time without technology. I was never bored. Go Mom!
I've been here over a month and I love it more every day. I'm growing closer to Jesus and He's pursuing me in so many ways. A friend helping me, encouragement from a teacher, the warmth of the sun, an amazing sunrise, a butterfly on my path, His voice so gentle, and in the love of my new friends. I'm in awe of His love and how He's reminding me of how much He loves me. It blows me away that He does to pursue me. 
Can't wait to share more of the mission's trip details on Saturday.
Loved by Him, Rose

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for writing about your experiences! It is very helpful, and I'm so encouraged by how God is working in your life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear