Mission's Trip Reveal

 

I have some exciting news! I know where I'm are going on my missions trip. Are you ready?
That's right! I'm heading to Panama!
Here's the Panama team.
How did I decide to go to Panama? That's a great question. 
On Thursday our school leader surprised us in the afternoon by saying that we were going to be picking our missions trip country. First he told us that we were going to be going to Lancaster, PA and Ocean City, NJ from September 17th through October 3rd. I'm not sure all of what we are doing there, but I'm excited to see what God has in store for us. Then they gave us the option of 2 countries and asked us to pray about which one to go to. After prayer I felt like God highlighted Panama to me.
As far as what that part of the adventure will look like I'm still a little unsure. I know that we will be doing some urban evangelism and some time in the jungles. I'm excited to have more planning meetings and see what we will be doing. 
For now, I'm just so excited to be going to Panama and to be going there with Marisa. ❤️
As for the rest of the events of the week, I've been pretty busy. This week I have been doing a lot of processing. God has been rooting out some lies I'd believed and some attitudes that needed to change. It has been so good and challenging.
This weeks topic was Lordship. I really enjoyed how our speaker this week spent only half of the class time lecturing. The other half of the class time was spent interviewing different people who are living surrendered lives to the Lord. He gave us examples, not just head knowledge. It was so good.
This week we had been asked to make a timeline of moments where we surrendered to Jesus, then we have to share one story from the timeline with the class. It was amazing to hear how God has been and is moving in my classmates lives. 
This is mine. Each one of those pictures has a story. I'm just so thankful that the Lord continues to work on me and help me to live a life surrendered to Him.
In other news I got 5 wasp stings. Even though the pain was bad, I was so touched by everyone's kindness. The classmate who carried my backpack because my hand was hurting, the classmate that brought me ice for my stings, the kind lady who tracked down hydrocortisone and prayed for me, my classmate that got me some allergy medicine, people caring and checking on me, and my school leader bringing my pain to the attention of the class so that they could pray for me. I'm so grateful for the classmates that I have. They are the best.
Just as a heads up, this coming week is no tech week. So next week's update will be on Monday or so. 
4 weeks under our belt. Wow! The Lord has been so good. It's been a crazy ride, but it's 100% adventure, 100% Jesus.
Living the adventure, Rose

Comments

  1. loving learning about your adventure. praying for you and encouraged by you and HIM.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear