Home

 

How could a place become home in just three weeks? I thought as I got in the car today to visit my family. This adventure has definitely had its challenges, but YWAM has become home. A lot of the pieces of my heart are there and I know it's exactly where I'm supposed to be. I'm growing so much in God and learning so much about Him. It's made YWAM my home. 
This week we were learning about the character and nature of God. We looked at Exodus 34:6 And He passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."  As we unpacked this verse I was amazed by the depth of these Hebrew words and what it reveals about God. He is truly amazing. Our teacher was also very patient with us. He answered all of our questions and took time to probe deeper. It was a fantastic week.
This week I was encouraged by a YWAM staff member to take a spiritual gifts test. I hadn't taken one in years and I was curious to see what it would come up with. Here are the results.
While I was surprised in some ways, the more I prayed about these results the more I saw that this was a lot of the way He's wired me. I love how He can use even a simple test to help me see things with more clarity. 
As I mentioned I drove back home today. Visiting the family has been great. We got to laugh, catch up on what God has been up to in the last three weeks, pet some fluffy puppies, be excited for Sarah and wedding plans, get lots of hugs, and go to The Sound of Music play. It was a great day with the family. I love them so much.
Where is home? For me now it's two places. One is where I lived for 22 years of my life. The other is YWAM in Tyler.
At Home, Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear