Saying Goodbye

 


My mom is fond of saying that everything is for a time and a season. Thursday finished my season with Solid Foundation Preschool. It was hard to say goodbye to the kids. I love them so much and we have had so many good times together. It hasn't all been perfect, but I am so thankful I got to love on these little kids and I pray show them a little of what Jesus is like. 
One of the biggest things I've been learning in this season is how to love well. Kids, while sweet and adorable, can cause frustration. It's in these moments that I can choose to get frustrated or to respond in love. I'm still not perfect, but the Lord helped me make great strides in learning to let the frustration slide away and focus on loving them well in that moment. 
I'm so grateful for the times I got to learn how to do a task better, the times I got to tickle a little one, the times I got to chase a two year old around the playground, the times I got hugs, and all the times we got to play together. I'm so thankful that the Lord opened up a place for me at this Preschool and for all the growth that He has brought about in me as a result of being there. 
Saying goodbye to people you love is never easy, but when you know the path that God has called you to, there is comfort in the tears. 
With less than a month to go until I leave, I'm getting more excited about embarking on this new adventure. I'm going to be busy getting ready and preparing and enjoying the anticipation of Discipleship Training School. 
I pray that you've had a good week. I'll talk to you next week. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear