Be The Branch

 


I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing. John 15:5 NIV
This week God has been reminding me to be. To be in Him, more than to do for Him. It's easy for me to get caught up in doing things for God and miss God in the process. 
So this week He has been teaching me to be more than to do. To be there to love on the kids at my work. Take the time to soak in His presence. Focus on the sibling who is telling me about their day. Just be there to listen to a friend. 
The verse above reminds us of the source of life. There is no life apart from the Vine. We can attach ourselves to fake vines and they might be fun for a while, they will never give us life or the ability to bear fruit. It's only when we abide in the true Vine that we have abundant life. 
As I look at the mission before me, it's tempting to get overwhelmed and think that it's all up to me to do this mission. But this verse reminds me of the truth that life always comes from Christ. He is the Vine that life flows out of. All that is needed is that I BE the branch. Not do, but be. Be in Him. Live in Him. Remain in Him. 
Practically for me this means that I acknowledge that in of myself I don't have what it takes to go to YWAM. But abiding in Christ, I can say that He is my source of life and I know He will supply all that I need to do this mission. This gives me so much peace and keeps me looking to my Savior for everything I need. It also means focusing in on whatever is before me and being there. Being present, not just doing the present. 
I'm so excited for this new adventure and how God has been showing up already. I can't wait to tell you more in the weeks to come.

If you would like to contribute to this adventure, you can click here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Things Turned Out

The Adventure Begins!

Learning To Hear